#USQSummer Throwback Thursday Movie Nights in Union Square Park
A New York summer isn’t complete without an outdoor movie night. We’re throwing it back to the 1980s for our Throwback Thursday movie nights featuring The Karate Kid on August 3rd, and Back to the Future on August 10th.
Here’s everything you need to know to have a successful Movie Night at Citi Summer in the Square:
Look for the big screen in the North Plaza along 17th Street between Union Square East and West across from Barnes & Noble.
Seating opens at 6:30 PM, however, you are welcome to line up early for your seat entry at 6 PM. Don’t worry though – there’s not a bad seat in the house!
The early bird gets the goodies. The first 500 people in attendance receive Pret A Manger Popcorn and a Citibank Seat Cushion.
WHAT YOU NEED TO BRING:
- Pack a meal or check out #USQDeals for the best eats around the neighborhood.
- Be sure to bring a blanket or mat to sit on while you enjoy the movie.
- Friends! A movie in the park experience is always more fun with your crew.
KNOW YOUR MOVIES:
Brush up on your movie knowledge and be ready to play movie trivia on Twitter with us while we wait for the sun to set. Follow along @UnionSquareNY and Tweet us your answers. Trivia begins at 6:30 PM. If you share your guesses, you could win a 24-Hour Citi Bike pass.
WIN ON SOCIAL MEDIA:
- Thursday, August 3: Enter to become a @WNYUNIONSQUARE insider with two free tickets to Insider Insights Sound Off™ Yoga, plus dinner for two at the swanky @IrvingtonNYC downstairs.
- Thursday, August 10: Multiple Prizes!
- Enjoyed your sneak peek of The Very Hungry Caterpillar Show? Enter to win tickets to the off-Broadway hit @caterpillarshow at the DR2 Theatre right here in Union Square. (2 Winners)
- Executive produced by Neil Patrick Harris and directed by Frank Oz, enter to experience In & Of Itself, a one-of-a-kind show at the Daryl Roth Theatre starring the Academy of Magical Arts’ Magician of the Year, Derek DelGaudio. (3 Winners)